The Keep Oregon Moving House Bill 2017 has been making major investments in the state’s transportation system. In support of this legislation, new fees and tax rates took effect as of January 1st, 2022.
Who will be affected?
- Carriers that operate a CMV more than 26,000 lbs. in the State of Oregon
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Registration fees will increase for vehicles registered between 8,000 to 26,000 pounds. This includes trucks, buses, and tow vehicles used to haul other commodities.
- Tow vehicles and mobile home toters will see a registration fee increase for vehicles used exclusively to haul manufactured structures or used exclusively as tow and recovery vehicles.
What will be affected?
- Weight-Mileage Tax Fees (WMT)
- Flat Fee Rates
- Road Use Assessment Fee Rates (RUAF)
- Over-Dimension Permit fees
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Registration fees
- Tow Vehicles and Mobile Home Toters Registration fees
Common Fees that WILL NOT increase:
- Temporary Passes
- Heavy Vehicle Trip Permits
- Continuous Operation Various Permits (COVP)
For more information, visit the Oregon DOT – Motor Carriers’ Investments page: https://www.oregon.gov/odot/MCT/Pages/HB2017_MotorCarrier.aspx